- NCQA HEDIS Data Submission Kick-off letter is sent to Primary and Secondary contacts.
- NCQA posts the XML templates, validation files and data dictionaries for Interactive Data Submission System© (IDSS) to the data submission webpage.
- NCQA releases the 2020 Online Healthcare Organization Questionnaire (HOQ) for health plans to request and update
- Auditor completes the CAHPS survey sample frame validation in the Healthcare Organization Questionnaire
(HOQ) by January 31, 2020.
- Health plans finalize commercial, Exchange, Medicaid and Medicare HOQ requests to obtain access to the IDSS and submission IDs for HEDIS®1 and CAHPS®2 on Friday, February 14 by 8:00 pm ET
- NCQA releases the 2020 Interactive Data Submission System (IDSS) for data loading and validation.
- Submission IDs for survey measures are distributed to NCQA certified survey vendors.
- NCQA Conditions for Public Reporting letter is sent to Primary and Secondary HEDIS contacts. This letter includes the
rules used for displaying data in our public reporting programs (Health Plan Ratings).
- NCQA certified survey vendors begin submission of commercial and Medicaid CAHPS 5.0H member-level data files to
- Health Plan Ratings—Plan Confirmation process begins for commercial, Medicaid and Medicare. Plans verify the information that will determine how their organization is displayed in the ratings (e.g., states and accreditation statuses).
- Commercial and Medicaid CAHPS survey results are available for download in IDSS.
- IDSS Plan-lock must be applied for all commercial, Exchange, Medicaid and Medicare audited submissions on Monday,
June 1 by 11:59 pm ET to ensure auditors have enough time to validate health plan results.
- CMS requires a Patient-Level-Detail (PLD) file validation for Medicare submissions. Organizations must submit the patientlevel-detail file to CMS’ vendor by Monday, June 15 by 11:59 pm ET.
- Health Plans submit FINAL commercial, Exchange, Medicaid and Medicare HEDIS (nonsurvey data) results via the IDSS on Monday, June 15 by 11:59 pm ET.
- All commercial, Exchange, Medicaid and Medicare Attestations must be submitted to NCQA on Monday, June 15 by 11:59 pm ET via electronic signature.
- Last day for IDSS Resubmission requests for data and Attestation: June 30.
- NCQA releases the 2020 Quality Compass® commercial edition.
- Projected Health Plan Ratings for commercial, Medicaid and Medicare are released. Plans are required to confirm their rating and accreditation information (if applicable).
- Final Health Plan Ratings are posted on NCQA’s Website.
- NCQA releases the 2020 Quality Compass® Medicare and Medicaid editions.
1 HEDIS® and Quality Compass® are registered trademarks of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
2 CAHPS® is a registered trademark of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).