NCQA’s two disease management (DM) programs—Disease Management Accreditation and Disease Management Certification—help employers find DM programs that are transparent, accountable and committed to continuous quality improvement.
Employers select NCQA-Certified DM programs because they are proven to:
- Provide evidence-based information and systems to support DM programs.
- Raise the bar by addressing patient safety and improving services.
For assurance of even higher quality, employers select NCQA-Accredited DM organizations—vendors that have undergone NCQA’s most comprehensive review and have shown they:
- Operate comprehensive programs that deliver evidence-based care.
- Use resources efficiently.
- Have high levels of customer service. Improve member health.
NCQA standardized performance measures evaluate DM services that affect worker productivity and absenteeism—for example, preventive measures for tobacco use and for flu and pneumonia vaccinations.
NCQA is also the first accreditation organization to use performance measures that assess the effect of DM services for people with asthma, diabetes, COPD, heart failure and IVD. These prevalent, costly illnesses undermine U.S. productivity and competiveness.
Contact email@example.com to learn more about how these two DM programs can help you, as a health care purchaser.