Explaining HPA 2022: Member Experience (ME)
This live course is a thorough examination of the HPA standards for Member Experience (ME).
About this Webinar Training
Explaining HPA 2022: Member Experience (ME)
This live course is a thorough examination of the HPA standards for Member Experience (ME). Faculty will give participants guidance for interpreting the requirements, navigating the standards and avoiding misconceptions, and will facilitate brief activities that simulate addressing requirements.
This course is appropriate for all professionals with a direct or indirect stake in NCQA Accreditation.
This course presents information based on HPA 2022 standard requirements and its contents apply directly to NCQA Accreditation Surveys conducted between July 1, 2022, and June 30, 2023. For courses pertaining to Delegation requirements, use “Delegation” to search NCQA courses at ncqa.org/education.
To inquire about group training rates, complete our online form.
- Communicating benefits with clarity and accuracy.
- Distributing subscriber information.
- Measuring quality and accuracy of communications.
- Supporting members with benefit-related decisions.
- Improving survey readiness and performance.
Benefits and Resources
- Presentation slides.
- Recording of live session.
- Live Q&A.
- Scenarios for applied learning.
- Perspective of former NCQA Policy staff.
- ACCME Credits for clinicians.
What You Will Learn
- Explain the intent of the HPA ME standards.
- Define performance issues and target results within the scope of requirements.
- Describe relationships and themes across the ME elements.
- Discuss requirement implications and considerations for stakeholders.
- Critique examples and scenarios to enhance application.
Who Should Attend
- Clinicians, directors, managers, specialists and coordinators.
- Consultants, contractors, delegates and vendors.
- Health plans and managed care organizations.
- Professionals in compliance, risk management or public policy.
- Professionals in population health or public health.
- Professionals in quality assurance/improvement or performance management.
Veronica Locke, MHSA
Veronica Locke is a consultant for The Mihalik Group, providing healthcare-related consulting services. Her areas of expertise include quality assessment and improvement; Credentialing; Delegation; Disease Management; Accreditation/Certification; Population Health Management; Multicultural Health Care.
Veronica is the former Senior Manager of Accreditation Policy for the National Committee for Quality Assurance. She was actively involved in the development and maintenance of the standards and guidelines of NCQA's Accreditation and Certification programs, specifically Health Plan, Disease Management and Multicultural Health Care Distinction programs. As a member of the Policy team, one of her major responsibilities was to serve as a content champion when providing policy clarifications and trainings internally and externally.
She received her Bachelor of Science Degree in Public Health from the University of Maryland, College Park and her Master of Health Systems Administration Degree from Georgetown University in Washington, DC.
In support of improving patient care, the National Committee for Quality Assurance is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the American Psychological Association (APA), and the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) to provide Interprofessional Continuing Education for the healthcare team.
This activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners will receive 3.0 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credit for learning and change.
This educational activity is approved for: 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM, ANA CNE, APA, ACPE and ASWB ACE.
The assigned universal program number: JA0004597-0000-21-013-L04-P. Upon successful completion of this program (attending the full session and completing a program evaluation), participants will access CPE Monitor on the ACPE website to locate and track their CPE statement of credit.
This live webinar grants 2.0 other Continuing Education Unit (CEU) points for PCMH Certified Content Experts.
* Please note – You must attend the entire program to be eligible for total number of contact hours.
- Live Online
Policies and Discounts
Includes the printable registration form, substitutions, transfers/credits and cancellation policies as well as other education policies and discount information.Read Policies
Publications & Products
View all NCQA publications and products, including HEDIS manuals, Accreditation standards and NCQA newsletters.View All