Proposed Updates for Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP) 2023:
For applications beginning July 2023, NCQA proposes a set of updates that focus on areas including:
- Product Changes:
- Transitioning to an annual renewal process.
- Exploring program development for digital therapeutic companies.
- Measure Strategy:
- Transitioning from manual data submission to automated digital submission.
- Measure Set Updates:
- Digitalization of the measure set.
- Expanding the program sample size.
- Retiring the HbA1c Control <7.0% measure.
- Replacing the Nephropathy Assessment measure with the new Kidney Health Evaluation measure.
- Including Glucose Management Indicator (GMI) alongside A1c (HbA1c) in the Glycemic Control and Glycemic Poor Control measures.
- The Proposed Changes to the Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP) provides a summary of changes to the measure strategy, measure set and overall product.
- The Measure Specifications provide full detail of the readable narrative for each digital measure. This includes how to calculate each measure using the numerator, denominator, and exclusions, as well as other valuable measure details.
About Public Comment
The public comment system is integrated with NCQA’s single-sign-on platform. If you have access to any system listed here, you can use the same credentials to log in and submit comments:
- Interactive Data Submission System (IDSS).
- Health Organization Questionnaire (HOQ).
- Download Center.
- Recognition Program Online Application.
- Quality Compass (QC).
- My NCQA.
Note: using the Forgot Password feature will change your password for all NCQA systems to which you have access. If you do not have access to any system listed, click Create an Account and complete the entire form. Retain the password for your records.
How to Submit Public Comments
Submit all comments through the public comment portal. NCQA does not accept comments via mail, email or fax.
To submit your comments:
- Go to My NCQA and enter your email address and password.
- Once logged in, scroll down and click Public Comments.
- Click Add Comment to open the comment box.
- Click to select Proposed Updates for Diabetes Recognition Program 2023 from the drop-down box.
- Click to select the Topic and Element (question) on which you would like to comment.
- Click to select your support option (Support, Do not support, Support with modifications).
- If you choose Do not support, include your rationale in the text box.
- If you choose Support with modifications, enter the suggested modification in the text box.
- Enter your comments in the Comments box.
Note: There is a 2,500-character limit for each comment. We suggest you develop your comments in Word to check your character limit; use the “cut and paste” function to copy your comment into the Comments box.
- Use the Submit button to submit more than one comment.
- Use the Close button to finish leaving comments.
- You can view all submitted comments in the Public Comments module.
All comments must be entered by November 3, at 11:59 p.m. ET