Proposed Updates for Health Equity Accreditation (HEA) 2023:
For surveys beginning July 1, 2023, NCQA proposes a limited set of updates that focus on two key areas:
- Evolving program expectations and improving clarity.
- Establishing expectations for delegation, including:
- Adding a new standard category, HE 7: Delegation of Health Equity Activities.
- Adding opportunities for automatic credit between two organizations with Health Equity Accreditation.
- Designating “structural” elements and elements/factors that may not be delegated.
- The Overview of Proposed Changes to Health Equity Accreditation 2023 provides background for proposed changes, a summary of changes to requirements and topic-specific questions.
- Appendix 1: Proposed Standard Changes for Health Equity Accreditation 2023 contains draft standards and explanations.
About Public Comment
The public comment system is integrated with NCQA’s single-sign-on platform. If you have access to any system listed here, you can use the same credentials to log in and submit comments:
- Interactive Data Submission System (IDSS).
- Health Organization Questionnaire (HOQ).
- Download Center.
- Recognition Program Online Application.
- Quality Compass (QC).
- My NCQA.
Note: using the Forgot Password feature will change your password for all NCQA systems to which you have access. If you do not have access to any system listed, click Create an Account and complete the entire form. Retain the password for your records.
How to Submit Public Comments
Submit all comments through the public comment portal. NCQA does not accept comments via mail, email or fax.
To submit your comments:
- Go to My NCQA and enter your email address and password.
- Once logged in, scroll down and click Public Comments.
- Click Add Comment to open the comment box.
- Click to select Proposed Updates for Health Equity Accreditation 2023 from the drop-down box.
- Click to select the Topic and Element (question) on which you would like to comment.
- Click to select your support option (Support, Do not support, Support with modifications).
- If you choose Do not support, include your rationale in the text box.
- If you choose Support with modifications, enter the suggested modification in the text box.
- Enter your comments in the Comments box.
Note: There is a 2,500-character limit for each comment. We suggest you develop your comments in Word to check your character limit; use the “cut and paste” function to copy your comment into the Comments box.
- Use the Submit button to submit more than one comment.
- Use the Close button to finish leaving comments.
- You can view all submitted comments in the Public Comments module.
All comments must be entered by July 22, at 11:59 p.m. ET