NCQA seeks public comments on the proposed product updates listed below. Reviewers are asked to submit written comments via NCQA’s my.ncqa.org portal by 11:59 p.m. (ET), Thursday, November 8.
Connected Care Recognition Program Update
Proposed enhancements to the Connected Care standards are part of NCQA’s global recognition program updates to enhance the value of NCQA Recognition for clinicians and their teams, employers, payers, patients and families, and for other stakeholders.
Updated recommendations are organized across five concepts; each is divided into competencies. There are two groups of criteria:
- CORE CRITERIA: A site must meet these to earn Connected Care Recognition. They demonstrate that the site is functioning as a medical home neighbor and delivers patient-centered care.
- ELECTIVE CRITERIA: Sites can tailor these to the community and populations they serve. Each elective is worth one or two credits.
Detailed changes and questions for consideration are outlined in the Public Comment Documents linked below. NCQA encourages your thoughts and insights on proposed updates. Questions that guide comments can be found on the my.ncqa.org portal under Public Comment for Patient-Centered Connected Care.
Final changes and launch date will be announced in 2019.
Public Comment Documents
- Patient-Centered Connected Care Recognition Public Comment Overview
- Appendix 1: Proposed Standards for Patient-Centered Connected Care Recognition
About Public Comment
The public comment system is integrated with NCQA’s single-sign on platform. If you have access to any of these systems, you can use the same credentials to login and submit comments:
- Interactive Data Submission System (IDSS).
- Health Organization Questionnaire (HOQ).
- Download Center.
- Recognition Program Online Application.
- Quality Compass (QC).
- Policy/Program Clarification Support (PCS).
If you don’t remember your password and use the Forgot Password feature, your password will be changed for all NCQA systems to which you have access.
If you don’t have access to any system listed, click the Create an Account button and complete the entire form. Retain the password for your records.
Submit all comments through the my.ncqa.org portal. NCQA does not accept comments via mail, e-mail or fax.
To enter comments:
- Go to my.ncqa.org and enter your email address and password to login.
- Under My Services, select Public Comments
- Click the Open Public Comments link to view instructions, proposed requirements and questions.
- Click the Add Comment button to open the comment box.
- Select Patient-Centered Specialty Care from the product drop-down list.
- Click to select the Topic and Element (question) on which you would like to comment.
- Click to select your support option (Support, Do not support, Support with modifications).
- If you choose Do not support, include your rationale in the text box.
- If you choose Support with modifications, enter the suggested modification in the text box.
- Enter your comments in the Comments box.
Note: There is a 2,500-character limit for each comment. We suggest you develop your comments in Word to check your character limit; use the “cut and paste” function to copy your comment into the Comments box.
- Use the Submit button to submit more than one comment. Use the Close button to finish submitting comments; you can view all submitted comments in the Public Comments.