Proposed Standard Changes for HPA 2023, MBHO 2023 & UM-CR-PN 2023
NCQA proposes updates to factor language and scoring thresholds, element retirement and the reorganization of existing elements in HPA 2023, aligned with related elements in MBHO Accreditation 2023 and UM-CR-PN Accreditation 2023.
Requirements for HPA 2023, MBHO 2023 and UM-CR-PN 2023 will take effect July 1, 2023.
NCQA encourages all commenters to provide thoughts and insights on the proposed updates overall, as well as targeted questions on proposed updates. NCQA appreciates all feedback and uses comments to produce better standards to meet stakeholders’ needs.
- The Overview of Proposed Updates for Accreditations in HP 2023, MBHO 2023 and UM-CR-PN 2023 contains background for proposed changes, a summary of changes to requirements and topic-specific questions.
- Appendix 1: Proposed Standard Changes for HPA 2023 contains draft updates proposed for HPA 2023 standards.
- Appendix 2: Proposed Standard Changes for MBHO 2023 contains draft updates proposed for MBHO Accreditation 2023 standards.
- Appendix 3: Proposed Standard Changes for UM-CR-PN 2023 contains draft updates proposed for UM-CR-PN Accreditation 2023 standards.
About Public Comment
The public comment system is integrated with NCQA’s single-sign-on platform. If you have access to any system listed here, you can use the same credentials to log in and submit comments:
- Interactive Data Submission System (IDSS).
- Health Organization Questionnaire (HOQ).
- Download Center.
- Recognition Program Online Application.
- Quality Compass (QC).
- My NCQA.
Note: If you use Forgot Password, this feature will change the password for all NCQA systems to which you have access. If you do not have access to any system listed, click Create an Account and complete the entire form. Retain the password for your records.
Submit all comments through the My NCQA portal. NCQA does not accept comments by mail, email or fax.
To enter comments:
- Go to http://my.ncqa.org and enter your email address and password.
- Once logged in, scroll down and click Public Comments.
- Click Add Comment to open the comment box.
- Select one or more of the following from the drop-down box:
- Proposed Standard Changes for HPA 2023.
- Proposed Standard Changes for MBHO 2023.
- Proposed Standard Changes for UM-CR-PN 2023.
- Click to select the Topic and Element (question) on which you would like to comment.
- Click to select your support option (Support, Do not support, Support with modifications).
- If you choose Do not support, include your rationale in the text box.
- If you choose Support with modifications, enter the suggested modification in the text box.
- Enter your comments in the Comments box.
Note: There is a 2,500-character limit for each comment. We suggest you develop your comments in Word to check your character limit; use the “cut and paste” function to copy your comment into the Comments box.
- Use the Submit button to submit more than one comment. Use the Close button to finish leaving comments; you can view all submitted comments in the Public Comments module.
All comments must be entered by January 10, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. ET