NCQA invites the public to comment on proposed changes to the Health Equity Accreditation program (formerly Distinction in Multicultural Health Care):
- Add requirements to tackle systemic and structural bias and uncover disparities across underrepresented populations.
- Update scoring to align with the Health Plan Accreditation scoring methodology.
- Add an optional evaluation option for organizations seeking guidance on assessing and addressing SDOH.
Note: The standard-level details of this evaluation option are not included in this public comment period. A public comment period specific to this topic will be held in fall 2021.
NCQA proposes the following updates:
- One new standard, HE 1: Organizational Readiness, with three elements.
- Two new elements in HE 2: Race/Ethnicity, Language, Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Data.
- One new element in HE 6: Reducing Health Care Disparities.
- Factor-level changes to HE 2 and HE 6.
- Scoring methodology update to all elements.
- Public Comment Overview – MHC Distinction Evolving to Health Equity Accreditation
- Appendix 1 – Proposed Standard Changes to Health Equity Accreditation
Comment Submission Instructions
About Public Comment
The public comment system is integrated with NCQA’s single-sign on platform. If you have access to any of the systems listed below, you can use the same credentials to log in and submit comments:
- Interactive Data Submission System (IDSS).
- Health Organization Questionnaire (HOQ).
- Download Center.
- Recognition Program Online Application.
- Quality Compass (QC).
Note: If you use the Forgot Password feature, you will change your password for all NCQA systems to which you have access.
If you don’t have access to any system listed, click Create Account and complete the entire form. Retain the password for your records.
How to Comment
- 1. Go to My NCQA and enter your email address and password.
- Once logged in, click to select Public Comments.
- Click Add Comment.
- Click to select one or more of the following from the drop-down box:
- HE 1: Organizational Readiness
- HE 2: Race/Ethnicity, Language, Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Data
- HE 6: Reducing Health Care Disparities
- Update Scoring Methodology
- Health Equity Accreditation Plus: Standard Concept Areas.
- Click to select the Topic and Element (measure) on which you want to comment.
- Click to select your support option (e.g., Support, Do not support, Support with modifications).
- If you choose Do not support, include your rationale in the text box.
- If you choose Support with modifications, enter the suggested modification in the text box.
- Enter your comments in the Comments box.
Note: Comments may not be more than 2,500 characters. Feedback should be brief and to the point. We suggest you develop comments in Word to check your character limit and save a copy for reference. Use the “cut and paste” function to copy your comment into the Comments box.
- Click Submit after each comment. After you have submitted all comments, click Close. You will be able to view and download all submitted comments.
All comments are due July 23, 2021, by 11:59 PM ET.
Contact NCQA Customer Support at 888-275-7585, Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m. (ET).
HEDIS® is a registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance.