Interactive Review Tool
The Interactive Review Tool (IRT) is an improved web-based platform used to conduct a self-assessed readiness evaluation and manage the NCQA Accreditation/Certification Survey process.
What Will Change
To streamline and consolidate the survey process and its systems, NCQA is transitioning from use of two systems: the Interactive Review Tool (IRT) and Interactive Survey System (ISS) to a single system – the IRT platform. The IRT will be used for the entire survey process. This change impacts all submissions after December 1, 2017.
From October 1–November 30, 2017, NCQA will transition the following active Accreditation, Certification or Distinction products with submission dates after December 1 from the ISS to the IRT:
- 2017 Health Plan Accreditation (HPA)
- 2017 Managed Behavioral Healthcare Organization (MBHO)
- 2017 Case Management Accreditation (CM)
- 2017 Accreditation of Case Management for LTSS (CM-LTSS)
- 2017 Utilization Management Credentialing (UM/CR)
- 2016 Disease Management (DM)
- 2016 Certification Verification Organization (CVO)
- 2016 Wellness & Health Promotion (WHP)
- 2016 Health Information Products (HIP)
- 2010 Multicultural Health Care (MHC)
Organizations will use the IRT tool to perform aspects of an NCQA survey, including:
- The pre-survey process steps, including preparation of materials and self-assessment.
- Submitting survey information.
- The survey process steps, including review, receipt of issues, conference calls, response to issues and onsite survey (where applicable).
- Timelines for all steps in the survey process.
- Display of results.
What Won’t Change
After the organization submits survey materials through the IRT, NCQA uses the IRT to review the documents, score elements and document outstanding issues. During the survey process, organizations respond to outstanding issues using the IRT. Organizations also receive their preliminary results and provide comments through IRT. NCQA presents the final report in IRT.
What You Should Do to Prepare
NCQA encourages organizations to attend training prior to completing tasks in IRT. Click here to register for a training and view the video tutorials.
Communication Sent to Impacted Organizations Submitting December 1, 2017 Forward
Click here to review the August 2, 2017 IRT Organization Readiness Transition Memo.
Do I purchase an ISS or IRT License?
- Question 1 > What if my submission date is later in 2018 and I haven’t purchased an ISS or IRT license? Do I need to buy an ISS license or IRT license?
- Answer: If your submission is later in 2018, you can wait to purchase your IRT license at the end of 2017. Then nothing will be imported from ISS on the specific import date mentioned the memo. Once you purchase your IRT license, you will completely bypass ISS and begin your self-assessment in IRT. However, if you want to go ahead and get started with your tool prep in ISS and have it import into IRT, then you are welcome to purchase an ISS license.
- Question 2 > What if I haven’t started my preparation in ISS and my ISS import date is scheduled for October or November 2017? Do I need to prepare in ISS or can I wait until after import into IRT?
- Answer: If your submission is later in 2018, you can wait to begin preparation until after import into IRT. However, if you want to go ahead and get started with your tool prep in ISS and have it import into IRT on the given import date, then you are welcome to begin preparation. Organizations preparing for submission in an active ISS license can continue preparation in ISS until 8:00PM ET on the Cut-Off Date. All saved work will import to IRT beginning at 9:00 PM ET on the Import Date. Organizations will receive a notification of the successful import no later than on the IRT Access Date. The Cut-off, Import, and IRT Access dates were provided in the August 2, 2017 email sent to each individual organization. Once organizations receive the confirmation notification of a successful import, they continue preparing for submission using IRT.
- Question 3 > What if my submission date is scheduled in December 2017 but I have not purchased a license? Which license do I need to purchase?
- Answer: You will need to purchase your ISS license to begin Readiness Evaluation before your given import date referenced above. Then you will continue Readiness Evaluation and submit directly through IRT as instructed in the August 2, 2017 memo. IRT licenses are not available for purchase until the end of 2017.
- Question 4 > What if I did not receive an email communication August 2, 2017 regarding an import date, and I have a survey scheduled to submit in December 2017 or January 2018?
- Answer: Please contact the IRT Team by submitting an IRT support question in my.ncqa.org.
Receive Future Updates
To receive future e-mails about NCQA products and news, please subscribe here. If you have other questions, click here or call 888.275.7585.