Long-Term Services and Supports Distinction for Case Management Organizations
NCQA’s Long-Term Services and Supports (LTSS) Distinction is for NCQA-Accredited case management organizations that provide comprehensive clinical case management services and coordinate social services for LTSS populations.
As the population ages, more states are seeking to increase accountability, improve quality and promote a cost-effective service delivery system that integrates care across all services—medical, behavioral, social and LTSS. It is important for organizations to effectively coordinate services between caregivers, individuals, LTSS providers and clinicians. LTSS Distinction can support your organization in achieving these goals.
The fragmented nature of America’s health care delivery system can be especially challenging for people who need LTSS. Organizations that coordinate LTSS should implement best practices for person-centered care planning and effective care transitions, and for measuring quality improvement to support people living optimally in their preferred setting.
NCQA’s standards provide a framework for organizations to deliver efficient, effective person-centered care that meets people’s needs, helps keep people in their preferred setting and aligns with state requirements.
The program offers distinctions to organizations that meet certain requirements in areas such as conducting comprehensive assessments, managing care transitions, performing person-centered assessments and planning and managing critical incidents.
Earning NCQA Distinction can help organizations:
- Become more efficient. A focus on coordinated care, training and measurement can help organizations reduce errors and duplicated services.
- Integrate care better. Standards can help organizations improve communication between individuals, caregivers, providers, payers and other organizations that coordinate care.
- Provide person-centered care. Standards focus on person-centered services, which can lead to better care planning and monitoring.
- Support contracting needs. Standards align with the needs of states. NCQA-Accredited organizations demonstrate that they’re ready to be trusted partners in coordinating LTSS services.
- NCQA-Accredited case management organizations that offer comprehensive clinical case management services and manage LTSS.
If you are an organization that coordinates LTSS, but does not offer comprehensive clinical case management services, learn more about our LTSS Case Management Accreditation program.
Become a trusted organization for coordinating long-term services and supports. Contact an NCQA representative to learn more about the program, or purchase the 2017 Case Management Standards and Guidelines.