CityMD Earns National Recognition for Connected Care
NCQA Patient-Centered Connected Care™ Recognizing Trusted Partners for Patient Care
WASHINGTON, DC—The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) today announced that CityMD, the leading urgent care provider in the New York Metro Area, has earned NCQA Patient-Centered Connected Care™ Recognition, for all of its eligible urgent care centers in New York, New Jersey and Seattle Washington. This recognition demonstrates that CityMD connects the care it delivers back to its patients’ primary care team in a structured and timely manner.
NCQA Patient-Centered Connected Care Recognition is awarded to sites that provide outpatient care for patients experiencing acute/episodic illness, but do not act as the patient’s primary care provider. The program is a roadmap for delivering quality, evidence-based, patient-centered care that focuses on closing care gaps to ensure that relevant patient information is connected with the primary care physician.
“NCQA Patient-Centered Connected Care Recognition expands best practices in the delivery of high-quality care by connecting care across the medical home neighborhood,” said NCQA president, Margaret E. O’Kane. “Recognition shows that CityMD has the tools, systems and resources to provide its patients with the right care, while ensuring that care is communicated clearly and efficiently with the team of clinicians charged to manage their overall health.”
CityMD’s unique, centralized AftercareServices are an example of the Patient-Centered Connected Care recognition at its best. With these services, CityMD ensures that patient information is communicated to the primary care physician and/or specialists, coordinating a continuum of care and facilitating the important next steps on the path back to health.
"CityMD is pleased to be the largest urgent care in the country to have received the NCQA PCCC recognition for all eligible centers in our network," said Dr. Frank Illuzzi, CityMD Chief Medical Officer. "This recognition further demonstrates CityMD's commitment to the highest standards of quality, and to seamless continuity of care within the medical communities we serve."To receive recognition, CityMD earned the necessary scores across five standards and their corresponding elements.
The standards examine:
- Connecting with primary care: The site connects with and shares information with patients’ primary care providers, and helps them find a primary care provider if they don’t have one.
- Identifying patient needs: The site directs patients to appropriate providers, when necessary.
- Patient care and support: The site uses evidence-based decision support in care delivery, collaborates with patients to make care decisions and delivers culturally and linguistically appropriate services.
- System capabilities: The site uses electronic systems to collect data and execute specific tasks.
- Measure and improve performance: The site systematically monitors performance and carries out activities to improve clinical outcomes and patient experience.
Go to NCQA website for more information on the Patient Centered Connected Care Program.