PHM 2018 Public Comment
Public Comment Period: March 5 through April 3, 2018
NCQA seeks public comment on a new product, Population Health Management (PHM) Accreditation. Reviewers are asked to submit comments via NCQA’s public comment website (http://publiccomments.ncqa.org) by 5:00 p.m. (ET), Tuesday, April 3.
NEW Product: Population Health Accreditation
PHM Accreditation standards, with accompanying elements and questions:
- PHM 1: Program Description.
- PHM 2: Data Integration.
- PHM 3: Population Assessment.
- PHM 4: Population Segmentation.
- PHM 5: Targeted Interventions.
- PHM 6: Practitioner Support.
- PHM 7: Measurement and Quality Improvement.
- PHM 8: Patient’s Rights and Responsibilities.
PHM Accreditation standards and guidelines will be released November 2018. PHM and other organizations that conduct population health management (including programs for comprehensive populations and specific chronic conditions) are eligible for PHM accreditation.
NCQA encourages all commenters to provide thoughts and insights on the proposed PHM Accreditation standards. Each topic area contains questions on proposed elements and additional targeted questions. NCQA appreciates all feedback and uses comments to produce standards that meet stakeholders’ needs.
About Public Comment
The public comment system is integrated with NCQA’s single-sign-on platform. If you have access to any system listed here, you can use the same credentials to log in and submit comments:
- Interactive Data Submission System (IDSS).
- Health Organization Questionnaire (HOQ).
- Download Center.
- Recognition Program Online Application.
- Quality Compass (QC).
- Policy/Program Clarification Support (PCS).
Note: If you use Forgot Password, this feature will change the password for all NCQA systems to which you have access. If you do not have access to any system listed, click Create an Account and complete the entire form. Retain the password for your records.
Submit all comments through NCQA’s Public Comment website (http://publiccomments.ncqa.org). NCQA does not accept comments via mail, email or fax.
- Go to http://publiccomments.ncqa.org.
- Click to select PHM Accreditation from the drop-down menu.
- Click to select the Topic and Element (question) on which to comment.
- Click to select your support option (Support, Do not support, Support with modifications).
Note: If you choose Do not support, include the rationale in the text box. If you choose Support with modifications, enter the suggested modification in the text box.
- Enter your comments in the Comments box.
Note: There is a 2,500 character limit for each comment. Be concise in your feedback. We suggest that you develop comments in Word, then cut and paste them in the Comments box.
- If you submit more than one comment, click Submit and Return. When you have submitted all comments, click Submit and Logout to receive an email notification with your submitted comments.
All comments are due Tuesday, April 3, by 5:00 p.m. ET.