HEDIS 2017 Data Submission Timeline
- NCQA HEDIS Data Submission Kick-off letter is sent to Primary and Secondary contacts.
- NCQA posts the XML Templates, Validations and Data Dictionaries for Interactive Data Submission System© (IDSS) to the data submission webpage.
- NCQA Releases the 2017 Healthcare Organization Questionnaire (HOQ) for review and updates.
- Health Plans submit FINAL commercial, Medicaid, Medicare and Marketplace HOQ in order to obtain access to the IDSS and submission IDs for HEDIS and CAHPS on Friday, February 17 by 11:59PM ET.
- NCQA Releases the 2017 Interactive Data Submission System (IDSS) for data loading and validation.
- Submission IDs for survey measures are distributed to NCQA certified survey vendors.
- NCQA Conditions for Public Reporting letter is sent to Primary and Secondary HEDIS contacts. This letter includes the rules used for displaying data in our public reporting program (i.e. Health Plan Ratings).
- NCQA certified survey vendors begin submission of commercial and Medicaid CAHPS® 0H member-level data files to NCQA.
- Health Plan Rating – Plan Confirmation is sent via the HOQ. Plan are required to confirm their state, enrollment and accreditation information for the Health Plan Ratings and Accreditation scoring.
- Commercial and Medicaid CAHPS survey results are available for download in IDSS.
- IDSS Plan-lock must be applied for audited submission on Thursday, June 8 by 11:59PM ET to ensure Auditors have sufficient time to review plan results.
- NCQA requires a Patient-Level-Detail (PLD) file validation for all submissions (Commercial, Medicaid, Medicare and Marketplace). Organizations must submit the patient-level-detail file to the auditor no later than Thursday, June 8.
- Health Plans submit FINAL commercial, Medicaid, Medicare and Marketplace HEDIS (non-survey data) results via the IDSS on Thursday, June 15 by 11:59PM ET.
- All commercial, Medicaid, Medicare and Marketplace Attestations must be submitted to NCQA on Thursday, June 15 by 11:59PM ET via electronic signature.
- Health Plan Ratings Data Freeze is Friday, June 30. The ratings are based on HEDIS and CAHPS data and accreditation standards scores as of this date.
- NCQA Releases the 2017 Quality Compass® commercial edition.
- Projected Health Plan Ratings are sent via the HOQ. Plans are required to confirm their rating and accreditation information (if applicable).
September - October 2017
- Final Health Plan Ratings is posted on NCQA’s Website.
- RRU Reports are available in IDSS.
- NCQA Releases the 2017 Quality Compass® Medicare and Medicaid editions.
1HEDIS®, IDSS and Quality Compass® are registered trademarks of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
2CAHPS® is a registered trademark of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).