HEDIS Data Submission Timeline
- NCQA HEDIS Data Submission Kick-off letter is sent to Primary and Secondary contacts.
- NCQA posts the XML templates, validation files and data dictionaries for Interactive Data Submission System© (IDSS) to the data submission webpage.
- NCQA releases the New! 2018 Online Healthcare Organization Questionnaire (HOQ) for health plans to request and update submissions.
- Health plans finalize commercial, Marketplace, Medicaid and Medicare HOQ requests to obtain access to the IDSS and submission IDs for HEDIS®1 and CAHPS®2 on Friday, February 16 by 11:59 pm ET.
- NCQA releases the 2018 Interactive Data Submission System (IDSS) for data loading and validation.
- Submission IDs for survey measures are distributed to NCQA certified survey vendors.
- NCQA Conditions for Public Reporting letter is sent to Primary and Secondary HEDIS contacts. This letter includes the rules used for displaying data in our public reporting programs (Health Plan Ratings).
- NCQA certified survey vendors begin submission of commercial and Medicaid CAHPS 0H member-level data files to NCQA.
- Health Plan Ratings—Plan Confirmation process begins for commercial, Medicaid and Medicare. Plans verify the information that will determine how their organization is displayed in the ratings (e.g., states and accreditation statuses).
- Commercial and Medicaid CAHPS survey results are available for download in IDSS.
- IDSS Plan-lock must be applied for all commercial, Marketplace, Medicaid and Medicare audited submissions on Friday, June 1 by 11:59 pm ET to ensure auditors have sufficient time to validate health plan results.
- CMS requires a Patient-Level-Detail (PLD) file validation for Medicare submissions. Organizations must submit the patient-level-detail file to CMS’ vendor by Friday, June 15 by 11:59 pm ET.
- Health Plans submit FINAL commercial, Marketplace, Medicaid and Medicare HEDIS (nonsurvey data) results via the IDSS on Friday, June 15 by 11:59 pm ET.
- All commercial, Marketplace, Medicaid and Medicare Attestations must be submitted to NCQA on Friday, June 15 by 11:59 pm ET via electronic signature.
- Health Plan Ratings data freeze is Friday, June 29. The ratings are based on HEDIS and CAHPS data and accreditation standards scores as of this date.
- NCQA releases the 2018 Quality Compass® commercial edition.
- Projected Health Plan Ratings for commercial, Medicaid and Medicare are released. Plans are required to confirm their rating and accreditation information (if applicable).
- Final Health Plan Ratings are posted on NCQA’s Website.
- NCQA releases the 2018 Quality Compass® Medicare and Medicaid editions.
1HEDIS®, IDSS and Quality Compass® are registered trademarks of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
2CAHPS® is a registered trademark of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).