Introduction to NCQA’s Patient-Centered Specialty Practice Recognition
July 18 | Annapolis, MD
About the Program
The National Committee for Quality Assurance—architect of America’s most popular patient-centered medical home model—has extended the medical home concept to specialists and released its latest program: NCQA Patient-Centered Specialty Practice (PCSP) Recognition.
Now specialty practices committed to access, communication and care coordination can earn accolades as the “neighbors” that surround and inform the medical homes and colleagues in primary care.
Practices that become recognized demonstrate patient-centered care and clinical quality through: streamlined referral processes and care coordination with referring clinicians, timely patient and caregiver-focused care management and continuous clinical quality improvement.
Click HERE for the Program Agenda.
The purpose of this educational program is to help participants:
- Examine the essential characteristics of a recognized patient-centered specialty practice program.
- Identify the measurement and documentation criteria for each of NCQA’s requirements.
- Facilitate the NCQA survey and evaluation process.
At the completion of this seminar, participants will be able to:
- Review and discuss sample submissions for PCSP Recognition and identify documentation that does or does not meet the requirements.
- Discuss scoring for each element and identify valid content and a clear application strategy for becoming a recognized patient-centered specialty practice.
- Identify aspects of the survey and evaluation process that may challenge or enhance an efficient application and survey submission in a variety of practice environments.
Johann Chanin, MSN, RN, Director, Implementation & Support, Recognition Programs, NCQA
Mina Harkins, MBA, MT (ASCP), Assistant Vice President, Recognition Programs, NCQA
Henrietta S. Milward, RN, BS, Manager, Physician Recognition Programs, NCQA
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for any health care professional, health care decision maker or consultant interested in getting the inside perspective directly from expert faculty from NCQA in evaluating a specialty practice and their ability to become a recognized NCQA Patient-Centered Specialty Practice.
Attendees include but not limited to:
- Medical Specialists
- Physician assistants
- Nurses/Nurse practitioners
- Pharmacists/Pharmacy technicians
- Care team members
- Hospital and health system executives and managers
Date, Time & Seminar Fees
July 18, 2013
Seminar is 8:20 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Registration is 7:30 a.m. – 8:20 a.m.
Continental breakfast and lunch will be served.
Early Bird Registration Fee: $650 on or before June 17, 2013.
Regular Registration Fee: $795 after June 17, 2013.
The Westin Annapolis
100 Westgate Circle
Annapolis, MD 21401
Room Rate: $159 Single/Double on or before June 17, 2013. (Ask for the ‘NCQA’ Room Block)
Seats are limited. Early registration is highly recommended.
Please note: A seat is not secured until payment is received and processed by NCQA.
Please check back frequently for additional seminars that may be added throughout the year.
In support of improving patient care, the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) is accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
NCQA designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 7.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This educational activity is approved for 7.00 nursing education contact hours.*
This program is sponsored by The National Committee for Quality Assurance. The National Committee for Quality Assurance is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a Provider of continuing pharmacy education. The assigned universal program number(s): 0850-0000-13-013-L04-P and 0850-0000-13-013-L04-T. This program provides 7.0 CPE contact hours. Upon successful completion of this program (attending the full session and completing a program evaluation), participants will access CPE Monitor to locate and track the CPE statement of credit.
*This is a knowledge-based activity
* Please note – You must attend the entire program to be eligible for total number of contact hours.